PMI® conducts an audit for the PMP® application every year, even after you received the PMP® certification. The purpose of the audit is to confirm the experience and/or education documented on certification applications. The audit is random, and PMI® has the right to conduct it at any time during the year.
When you are selected for the audit, you will receive an e-mail from PMI® to notify you about the audit and detailed instructions to clarify your application. Here are some supporting documents you might be asked to submit:
- Copies of your diploma/global equivalent
- Signatures from your supervisor(s) or manager(s) from the project(s) recorded in the experience verification section of the application
- Copies of certificates and/or letters from the training institute(s) for each course recorded on the application to meet the required contact hours of professional education (35 contact hours)
You have 90 days to prepare and send the required documents to PMI® by regular postal mail or express courier service. PMI® does not accept faxed or e-mailed documents for audit. All requested documents should be put into one package and send to
- Attn: Certification Audit
- 14 Campus Blvd.
- Newtown Square, PA 19073-3299 USA
After submitting audit materials, it takes 5 to 7 business days for the audit team to review all materials. If your materials are approved, PMI® will notify you via e-mail.
- You cannot continue your application process until you fulfill the audit requirements. Once the audit is successful, your one-year examination eligibility period starts. If you choose not to proceed with the audit, it will result in an audit failure and a one-year suspension period to apply for any of PMI’s certifications.
- PMI® doesn’t return the audit materials after review
- PMI® doesn’t accept an e-mail signature
- Candidates are required to send a copy of the original document and a translation if the document isn’t in English.